Another Terrible Week for Health Hazzard and the Triple & Quadrupled Jabbed
This week’s data just released – again it’s the quadrupled jabbed more likely to be hospitalised for Covid.
In NSW, over the past 4 weeks, just a single person has been admitted to the hospital with Covid.
In comparison, over the same period, 312 x Quadruple jabbed and 242 x Triple jabbed have been admitted to hospital with Covid.
The total hospitalisations with Covid over the past 4 weeks in NSW; 1 x Vaccine-free, 554 x Triple & Quadruple jabbed.
NSW respiratory surveillance reports – COVID-19 and influenza
Latest surveillance report
Summary of epidemiological week 41 ending 15 October 2022
Transmission in NSW is at low levels. New hospitalisations continue to decline.
BA.4 and BA.5 Omicron subvariants continue to be the dominant (83%) strains.
We are closely monitoring S-gene target samples and sequencing data in relation to BA.2 sub-lineages. XBB, a combination of BA.2.10.1 and BA.2.75 sub-lineages, has been detected in recent weeks.
PCR testing for COVID-19 has increased by 3.3% compared to the previous week. The proportion of PCR tests that were positive for COVID-19 has remained stable around 7%.
The number of people in hospital with COVID-19 has decreased by 2.9%. At the end of this week 919 people were hospitalised compared to 946 at the end of last week. There were 211 people with COVID-19 admitted to hospital and 17 people admitted to ICU this week. Hospital admissions include people with COVID-19 who are admitted for other reasons.
There were 30 COVID-19 deaths reported this week. Four deaths were in people aged under 65 years. Deaths may not have occurred in the week in which they were reported.
Other respiratory viruses summary
Influenza activity is currently at low levels but influenza vaccination continues to be recommended.
Previous surveillance reports
- COVID-19 Weekly Data Overview – Epidemiological week 40, ending 8 October 2022 [Issued 13 October 2022]
- COVID-19 Weekly Data Overview – Epidemiological week 39, ending 1 October 2022 [Issued 6 October 2022]
- COVID-19 Weekly Data Overview – Epidemiological week 38, ending 24 September 2022 [Issued 29 September 2022]
- COVID-19 Weekly Data Overview – Epidemiological week 37, ending 17 September 2022 [Issued 22 September 2022]
- COVID-19 Weekly Data Overview – Epidemiological week 36, ending 10 September 2022 [Issued 15 September 2022]
- NSW COVID-19 related deaths [31 March 2022]
- In Focus – Vaccination among COVID-19 cases in the NSW Delta outbreak – 16 June to 7 October 2021 [8 November 2021]
- In Focus – COVID-19 in healthcare workers – 1 February to 28 July 2020 [17 January 2021]
- In Focus – Symptom profile for COVID-19 in NSW – 1 July to 12 December 2020 [17 December 2020]
- In Focus – COVID-19 hospitalisations in NSW – 1 January to 19 April 2020 [9 October 2020]
- Symptom profile for COVID-19 in NSW – 1 January to 29 August 2020 [9 October 2020]
- In Focus – Locally acquired COVID-19 cases: A review of the last six weeks [13 August 2020]