Ambassador Anatoly Antonov’s Answer to a Media Question
Ambassador Anatoly Antonov’s answer to a media question
Dear Ambassador, what do you think of the continuing arms supplies to Ukraine by the United States and its allies?
Anatoly Antonov: Pumping the Kiev regime with weapons and sending foreign mercenaries to the Ukrainian territory is irresponsible and extremely dangerous. The militarization of Ukraine poses a direct threat to the European and global security.
– The transfer of lethal weapons takes place through the arbitrary interpretation of national export control legislations by the authorities of Western countries. Licenses are often approved in a “simplified” mode. As a result, a significant part of weapons falls into the hands of bandits, Nazis, terrorists and criminals.
– Do Western countries not realize that militants who have come from all over the world to #Europe can afterwards apply the combat experience gained in Ukraine anywhere, including back at home? Do they not understand the risks of the spread of missile weapons transferred to the Armed Forces of Ukrane across the European Union and neighboring regions as well as their use against civil aviation?
– US politicians who make decisions regarding the uncontrolled supply of Stingers and other combat systems to Kiev should abandon their illusions and complacency. The #USA is not an isolated “island of prosperity”. There is no guarantee that the weapons would not fall into the hands of extremists on its territory.
– NATO member states have apparently forgotten how the United States were fishing the #MANPADS handed over to the #Afghan mujahideens in the 1980s throughout the entire Middle and Near East. And now, in the pursuit of financial gain, companies of the military-industrial complex have completely lost their moral guidelines and are willing to earn blood money.
– We call on sponsors of the Kiev regime to stop encouraging bloodshed in Ukraine and give a serious consideration to the consequences of their activities.