February 27, 2024 1:46 am

EU state’s FM receives Ukrainian death threat — RT World News

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
WhatsApp
Telegram

URGENT: JUST 11 DAYS REMAIN TO HELP SAVE INDEPENDENT MEDIA & ANR, TO ENSURE WE ARE FULLY FUNDED FOR NEXT MONTH,SO LET'S CUT THE BS & GET TO THE POINT - WE WILL BE FORCED LAY OFF STAFF & REDUCE OPERATIONS UNLESS WE ARE FULLY FUNDED WITHIN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS - Sadly, less than 0.5% of readers currently donate or subscribe to us But YOU can easily change that. Imagine the impact we'd make if 3 in 10 readers supported us today. To start with we’d remove this annoying banner as we could fight for a full year...

Hungary should “start making a coffin” for Peter Szijjarto, the message reportedly read

Hungarian Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto received a death threat ahead of an upcoming visit to Ukraine, he told a press conference on Tuesday. According to Hungarian media, the culprits promised to give him an “explosive welcome.”

Szijjarto will travel to the city of Uzhgorod next Monday to meet his Ukrainian counterpart, Dmitry Kuleba. The Hungarian diplomat said last week that he will bring a strong delegation” with him to discuss the plight of ethnic Hungarians in Uzhgorod and the surrounding region of Transcarpathia, whose language rights have been restricted by Kiev over the last decade.

Speaking to reporters in Brussels on Tuesday, Szijjarto said that a threatening message had been sent to Hungary’s embassy in Ukraine a day earlier.

Hungarian news site Index published the text of the message, which read: “Hungarians, we hate your government, which continues to do everything to make us lose the war. Do you think that your minister will just come to us after the attacks on Ukraine?”

”We don’t think so. On January 29, [Szijjarto’s delegation] can expect an explosive welcome. An armored train will not save you. We recommend that you place an order with a funeral home so that they can start making the coffin for Szijjarto to fit his height. God forgives, but Ukrainians do not.”

The message was written in Ukrainian and sent to the embassy via email, Index reported. Szijjarto said that whoever wrote the message did so with the clear aim of casting a shadow over the meeting of foreign ministers next Monday and preventing it from taking place.”

The threat will not deter Szijjarto from visiting Uzhgorod, Hungarian State Secretary for Foreign Affairs Tamas Menczer wrote on social media on Tuesday.

“Those who think that the Hungarian foreign minister is scared, they don’t know Peter Szijjarto,” Menczer wrote. “Pressure and threats only make us stronger.”

Szijjarto and Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban have repeatedly called for a ceasefire in Ukraine and peace talks between Moscow and Kiev, with both men arguing that Ukraine cannot possibly hope to defeat Russia on the battlefield. This position, as well as Budapest’s opposition to sanctions on Russia and blocking of EU military aid to Ukraine, has seen Hungary vilified in Kiev and threatened with sanctions by its EU allies. 

“Those who think that they will break us with threats and pressure, they have no idea about the Hungarians, they do not know us,” Menczer declared, adding: “We still want an immediate, unconditional ceasefire, peace talks and peace! There is no solution on the battlefield, there are only dead people.”

Szijjarto said that Ukrainian authorities have assured him that all appropriate security measures will be taken during his visit. 

You can share this story on social media:

Source link

Opinion pieces don’t necessarily reflect the position of our news site but of our Opinion writers.

Original Source: EU state’s FM receives Ukrainian death threat — RT World News

Support the ANR from as little as $8 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.

Related News

Let’s not lose touch…Your Government and Big Tech are actively trying to censor the information reported by The ANR to serve their own needs. Subscribe now to make sure you receive the latest uncensored news in your inbox…

Australian National Review is Australia’s first real free and independent press, one with no editorial control by the elite, but a publication that can generate critical thinkers and critical debate and hold those spreading mistruths and deliberate propaganda in mainstream media to account.

News with a difference that will be educational, compelling and create a platform for political and social change in this country and address the real issues facing this country and the world.

Discover more from ANR

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Watch Full Documentary

URGENT: JUST 3 DAYS REMAIN TO HELP SAVE INDEPENDENT MEDIA & ANR, SO LET'S CUT THE BS & GET TO THE POINT - WE WILL BE FORCED TO LAY OFF STAFF & REDUCE OPERATIONS UNLESS WE ARE FULLY FUNDED WITHIN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS

Sadly, less than 0.5% of readers currently donate or subscribe to us But YOU can easily change that. Imagine the impact we'd make if 3 in 10 readers supported us today. To start with we’d remove this annoying banner as we could fight for a full year...

Get access to TruthMed- how to save your family and friends that have been vaxx with vaccine detox, & how the Unvaxxed can prevent spike protein infection from the jabbed.

Free with ANR Subscription from $8